Sunday, 6 January 2013

grumble grumble mumble mumble


sincerity and design



I don't normally talk about really personal things on here, in fact I go out of my way not too. However, recently things have been getting a bit...yeah. It's got me thinking about emotions and sincerity.
If I'm absolutely honest I'm sadly very English in many of my emotional habits. I can imagine people who know me will question this, or maybe they won't, I don't know, but when it comes to emotions I take two approaches; hide or deny, or both. In other words I don't like making a fuss, I hate it. To the point where really I need to realise not only is it not healthy but really it's not very sincere. Because if I'm hiding or denying my emotions in attempt to make me or others feel comfortable then really that's not very genuine, is it? The past few days because of everything that's happened I have been a bit sincere, but as I talk to more people I keep slipping back.
It also got me thinking about sincerity in other aspects of my life, like design. when I started architecture, I hated it. I had to feign a sort of interest, or at least feed my very small one to sustain any hope on the course. Thankfully it got me through, but if I'm honest, since learning to work for the sake of working I've produced a load of high quality disingenuous crap. Honestly, and really I think if I was just a bit more sincere in everything, then this sort of thing would stop. So that's what I want to do. Let's see how it goes