One of the good things about going to London the other day was I got to see King Cross's new concourse designed by John McAslan and Partners, so I took some photos at night on my camera and at day on my iphone . It was a big surprise coming off the train since the scaffolding and sheets have been up for ages but I have to say it was very impressive.
The thing about the new concourse is that it also means a new entrance (see architects renders below). So they've put all these pointers on the pavement outside, which I quite liked.
And here's some images of the station once finished
reminded me of the six parasols in spain;
But all in all the steel frame is very British, very industrial revolution, so I suppose the fluid organic form is a modern interpretation of this
charring cross station