Monday, 4 April 2011

101 things every architecture student buys into


So I've finally succumbed and bought into the '101 things every Architecture student should know' book. When I first encountered this pocket sized oracle I imagined it would just be full of nonsensical and generic architectural nonsense made to overcomplicate simple subjects and fool naive students such as myself into buying into a whole list (101 to be precise) of architectural tips. Now though, after about 6 months into this overcomplicated subject it seems that such a book is actually quite fitting. How was I supposed to know 6 months from now that I would be reading a subject that actually required you to learn how to think, to learn how to see and finally to learn how to glue things in an orderly and precise fashion. Yes, sometimes I do find myself wondering what I've got myself into, but then I just sit back, envisage London or Mozambique or even Portugal, juxtaposed with images of people wearing ties in a Barclays somewhere and think...this seems alright.








Meh, from what I can see it seems like a nice investment (especially for only £3.65 on amazon). Not to mention the numerous positive reviews. I just hope that my suspicions aren't entirely right and I don't just end up like this guy (below)